The iBwee Factor

The blog of Daniel Bird of BirdBrain media.

July 15, 2004

Why?

Why? Why? Why does Microsoft design crap?

I was listening to a CD, while online, through Windows Media Player when up popped a window to download a WMP upgrade. I thought sure why not, so I said yes. Then it said you must close WMP and any other programs, I hit next. The next page said the download was 11 MBs, I'm on a dial-up 56k modem, so I clicked close and WPM froze up. WMP then brought Crazy Browser and Windows with it, then gave me the blue screen of death. My system was gone, now to restart it. But hold on, I'm suppose to be able to restart from the blue screen of death using the three fingered solute, but it doesn't work. My only option was pulling the power cord.

1) Why did the WMP updater bring down the whole system?
2) Why do I have to close WMP to update it?
3) Why can't I restart from the blue screen of death, like I should be able to?

As I see it, my only error (besided using windows) was ignoring the close WMP message, but look at the second question again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home