The iBwee Factor

The blog of Daniel Bird of BirdBrain media.

September 09, 2004

The joy of upgrading

Well the other day I upgraded my Mac's OS. I had been running Mac OS 7.0, and I thought I'd try upgrading through Apple's website. So I formatted 19 floppies to Macintosh, downloaded the 19 parts, put the 19 parts on the 19 floppies, and copied it all to my Mac. (In only about two or three inderect hours.) When I had it all on my hard drive the installer said it needed OS 7.0.1 (A 4.9 MB download) or a "Network Access Disk". So I downloaded the files for a "Network Access Disk." Then I was set to go, I got the installer running and installed 7.5.3 in about a hour, and I really like OS 7.5.3 it looks better and is improved over plain OS 7.0. Overall it took a long time, but nothing was overly difficult. So a plus to Apple for a easy OS upgrade.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jacob Bird said...

Actually that doesn't sound like tons of fun, but sounds better than XP SP2 which I believe is over 100MB (143?)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Daniel Bird said...

It wasn't really fun (as entertaning), but it didn't take a rocket sciencetist to figure out how to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home